In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?

Prompt Response: A time that I felt that I truly belonged was when I first started getting into theatre this year. Last year, I did two shows for theatre, but it was my first year, and I didn't talk to many people at all, and if I did, they weren't very long conversations. This year, however, I have been light lead for A Few Good Men, and talking to people, making connections, and having easy conversations has been much easier. I have noticed that If I see someone from theatre in the hallway or in public, then it feels much less awkward to wave or say hi.

Summary: During today's block period, we did a CommonLit about human connection.

Relfection: This CommonLit and blog post help me realize that human connection, and the development of it, is a massively important part of society and an individual's personal growth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are Three Goals, Academic or Personal, that You Want to Achieve this Year?

In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?

Write about a fear you have overcome.