In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?

Prompt Respone: Some experiences in my life that remind me that time moves quickly include high school and theatre. High school helps remind me how fast time move because about one a week, I realize that I'm a junior and it feels weird. It feels like just a minute ago, I was guaduating eigth grade. I imagine that this year will also go by really quick. We're already 5 weeks into school. Life in general also feels like it has flown by. 

Summary: In class, we worked on reading and interpreting a poem by Emily Dickinson that talked about death and its journey.

Reflection: For me, this poem really helps me understand a different perspective of death, as a carriage driver that is very patient and has a unique kind of presence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are Three Goals, Academic or Personal, that You Want to Achieve this Year?

In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?

Write about a fear you have overcome.