Write about a meaningful object or place in your life that carries a story.

Prompt Response: I have a stuffed animal snowy owl that I have had for years. My grandma on my dad's side, we call her Mama Daph, gifted him to me as a first birthday present. His name was Big Owl. Big Owl went through the torture of dealing with a childhood version of me, getting his stuffing picked out, his nose torn, and his eyeballs scratched. I still have him, and he is stays on my bed all the time. As a kid, I would get upset a lot, as most kids do, and when I would hurt myself, or start crying for whatever reason, I would go grad Big Owl and he would make me feel better.

Summary: Today in class, we went over the Navajo Origin Story, and answered questions analyzing the characters and meaning behind the story.

Reflection: I learned of a new story, as well as how similar these indigenous stories are to religious texts such a as the Christian Bible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are Three Goals, Academic or Personal, that You Want to Achieve this Year?

In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?

Write about a fear you have overcome.