In "Her Sweet Weigh on My Heart a Night" by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has made a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?

Prompt Response: One of my best friends, Gracie, is such a loving and kind person. She lights up any room she walks into. Gracie has been so kind to me in the time I've known her, making me want to be a better person myself. So I carry he with me, reminding me that I can, and should, try to be kinder to everyone I meet.

Summary: In class, we continued to work on our heart pictures, as well as completing a CommonLit about an Emily Dickinson Poem.

Reflection: Thinking about today's prompt reminds me to continue to strive to be a better version of myself, despite my exhaustion and reluctance to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are Three Goals, Academic or Personal, that You Want to Achieve this Year?

In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?

Write about a fear you have overcome.